Another day another baked oat finger recipe, this time its dairy free and includes peanut butter and banana. I find baked oats so versatile and something the whole family really enjoy. We give my toddler these and she has had them in some version since we started weaning her at six months.
Today I want to share with you this simple recipe so you can make it yourself for yourself or for little hands too. You can swap any of the ingredients around. It’s a really versatile little recipe so feel free to add and change things as you wish. Right, let’s get going.
Dairy free Banana & Peanut butter baked oat recipe
I have been lucky for a while that since I was pregnant I stopped having the previous issues I had with dairy. Recently though I started to get some of the signs that I was having dairy issues again. I decided to cut dairy straight from my diet and I already feel so much better. This recipe is dairy free but you could totally make it with dairy options.
I haven’t tried it with an egg replacement, but you could certainly give it a go and make this recipe vegan too.
- 200 g Sourdough starter discards
- 200 g Self raising flour, Organic if possible
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 300 ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Measure out your milk
- Crack your eggs into the milk and whisk together
- Add your sourdough starter and whisk until smooth
- Add your baking powder to your flour and mix
- Add flour and baking powder mix to your milk, egg and sourdough mix, whisk together until smooth
- Add some oil or butter to your pan/pancake maker and using a ladle add some mixture and cook on both sides until brown
Other (Dairy free & regular) options
As I said above, this recipe is incredible versatile. As long as you have the Yogurt, egg and oats you can create whatever you like. I though I would list some amazing alternatives below:
- Raspberry and white chocolate
- Strawberry and dark chocolate
- Chocolate chip
- Pear and dark chocolate
Check out the video too
I also decided to have a bit of fun with this recipe and turned it into an Instagram reel. Be sure to check it out and leave me a comment! Don’t forget to give me a follow too if you’d like!