Welcome back to my kitchen, today I have a recipe that I thoroughly adore and that always go down an absolute treat in my house – Sourdough discard crackers. We love seasoning ours with Rosemary and salt, but you could literally adapt the main recipe in any way you wish in order to create crackers you love.
Grab the sourdough discard crackers recipe
- 1 cup Sourdough discard
- 1 cup Organic plain flour
- 0.75 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until mixed into a dough.
- On a clear surface sprinkle some flour and knead the dough until smooth.
- Cut dough in half and set half aside.
- On some baking paper, lightly flour and roll until thin.
- Cut into squares - a pizza cutter works well for this.
- Place baking paper on tray and bake for 10 minutes on each side
- Repeat with second half of the dough.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
We quickly fell in love with these crackers, the deep taste of the rosemary, the wonderfulness of the salt, everything just fits perfectly together. We make small crackers but you could absolutely make these large and adjust your cooking times accordingly. These would for sure we wonderful with cheese. Even with these small crackers we enjoy them with a cheese dip and they truly taste wonderful.
If you make these be sure to tag me on Instagram, you can find me @lifeonplot44.